Wesley Snipes: “I was not convicted of tax evasion”

Ayvaunn Penn, Your Black World

To view previous report click here.

Recently the renowned Wesley Snipes decided to iron the wrinkles out of his image. It is probably debatable how effective it was, but you figure that our for yourself.

In an interview on the Ronald S. Martin show, Wesley explicitly states, “Not only was I not convicted with tax evasion, I was not charged with tax evasion, and I was never charged with not paying taxes.” He proceeds to say, “I was actually charged with conspiracy to defraud and failing to file. I think there was another charge that slips my mind at the moment.” To these statements, Martin understandably asked, “Isn’t failing to file and not paying the same thing?” Snipes responded saying that the two are wholly different, because failing to file is a misdemeanor, and tax evasion is a federal offense.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY →

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...